Saturday, December 15, 2012

THE Trip, THE Encore' :: Christmas in Comfort (Texas)

Copyright 2012, CABS for Reflections From the Fence

November 24, 2012

Friend Susan of Nolichucky Roots strongly suggested Man and I pay a visit to Comort Texas while we were in the Fredericksburg Texas area.  Then, she informed me it was the weekend for Christmas in Comfort.  She told me how it was such a quaint town full of antique shops and more.  Did not take a lot more to convince me that a drive down to Comfort was in order, I mean, who can turn down antiques, charm AND Christmas??  Not I!

Man and I took a leisurely drive down to Comfort, driving part of the trip on a small back road, quiet and scenic and very enjoyable.  He found a suitable parking spot for Jolly and we went for a stroll through Comfort.  Come join us on our walk, noting that we never left the downtown area, all photos shot within 4 or 5 blocks of the center of town.

Seriously, I would have loved to have this little jewel shipped to the stick built.


Craft vendors:


Decked out for the holidays.


A little entertainment.


Remember, I did say all these photos were taken within 4 or 5 blocks of the center of town.


Creative manner of announcing your retirement:


Nope, we could not walk past the food booths, I mean, really, look at that yummy stuff.  And, it was GOOD, home made and GOOD!


Ho Ho Ho, spin your partner - - 



Thanks Susan for the suggestion, we had a wonderful afternoon in Comfort!


No comments: